You can grab the latest download of the tool from the
The program will not work if it is installed in a path that contains the character '&'. This is a problem in one of the technologies used (ClickOnce), so I can not do anything about it.
The installer works in the following operating systems:
- Windows XP x86
- Windows Vista x86/x64
- Windows 7 x86/x64
It should work on the following operating systems (but it has not been tested yet on them):
- Windows Server 2008 x86/x64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
If you want to install in:
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Server 2003 x86/x64
First you need to install manually Windows Installer 4.5 from the following website (go to the Instructions section at the bottom to know which is the correct download for your operating system):
The installer will install the following prerequisites in your computer as they are needed for Birthright Campaign Manager to work:
- Windows Installer 4.5 - Included with the installer (only for Windows XP x86). This requisite needs to reboot your computer.
- .NET Framework 4.0 - Will download automatically from internet if needed.
- Silverlight 5 - Included with the installer.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Express - Included in the installer. This will take a while to install, be patient :)
The installation of Birthright Campaign Manager is nearly fully automated, and the installer tries to ask for as little user attention as possible (installing is mostly just clicking next, next, next,... :) ).
The tool will also create a folder in "My Documents" called "Birthright Datasets". This folder includes several files with Birthright related data that a GM can load into the tool instead of having to insert all the data by hand.
If the installer does not work, you can try to install the tool manually. This requires some technical knowledge, but we have provided a step by step guide below.
If this process also fails please ask in the
explaining where the installation failed and which error messages did you get.
Manual Installation Guide