Anyone still here?

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:53 PM
Hey,

Found this and was wondering if anyone still is watching/controlling this?

If so let me know.
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2015 at 7:20 PM
Hi,

the project is not actively developed but I continue receiving emails and answering if I can.

Regards!
Vicente
Sep 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM
I was thinking on branching/forking it and making some changes.

One change was to import automatically on install. There are ways to do bulk inserts from data in SQL.

I was also thinking of changing the project to visual studio 2015 (you can still get the express version for free).

All with your permission if possible. If not, can I create another project with your code as a base? Would rather build on a strong base if possible.

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Feel free to branch the project, no probs! :) I haven't tried on VS2015 LS, but I think it should keep working (if they haven't deprecated the Silverlight templates).
Sep 16, 2015 at 10:26 PM
I cannot get it upgraded to 2013. They seem to have gotten rid of a few things and there is an error when upgrading.

Le sigh. I will have to do it myself. I was thinking of making the database and then use the Dynamic Data templates to build out the web. Then create the turn windows.

Dang it, was hoping to have a head start on it with your stuff.
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2015 at 10:31 PM
That's a pity. Another thing I had in mind for a long time, was to migrate the DB to SQLite or SQL CE, instead of having to use a full SQL Server (SQL Server was great for web games, but for a local game it's too much).

I'm pretty sure that would be possible to achieve, but I never researched it much.
Sep 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM

I can see that. If I get something I will let you know.

Sent by Outlook for Android