Changing and setting passwords

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Hello,

Just downloaded and installed (whew - long install).

But no password style seems to meet the password requirements - no matter how long or complex I try.

Basically this should not requite hardcord password protection - its just a RPG app!

What are the password requirements as set and I suggest you make them much more forgiving.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Hi!

you are totally right, having passwords in the app was a bad idea of mine :( The idea is that as the app could be used as a web app, used at the same time by GMs and players, that passwords were needed to show only each player the correct information.

But most people using the app are using it as a desktop app to manage games, where having passwords doesn't make any sense at all. I have this change in my notes for the next version (but I have to admit I don't know when the next version will be, I have been swamped with work for most of the last year and I don't see things changing soon :( ).

The password requirements are at least 1 character, 1 number and one symbol. And at least 8 chars long (not sure on this one). So something like mypassword_123 will work.

Regards!

Vicente

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Ah ha
That makes sense
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 30, 2013, at 10:49 AM, "Vicente" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi!

you are totally right, having passwords in the app was a bad idea of mine :( The idea is that as the app could be used as a web app, used at the same time by GMs and players, that passwords were needed to show only each player the correct information.

But most people using the app are using it as a desktop app to manage games, where having passwords doesn't make any sense at all. I have this change in my notes for the next version (but I have to admit I don't know when the next version will be, I have been swamped with work for most of the last year and I don't see things changing soon :( ).

The password requirements are at least 1 character, 1 number and one symbol. And at least 8 chars long (not sure on this one). So something like mypassword_123 will work.

Regards!

Vicente